Monday, September 6, 2010

History of My Pillow Pets

The history of My Pillow Pets is a recent one, starting in 2003 as the bright idea of a mother of two that had grown tired of picking up stuffed animals strewn about her kids’ rooms.  Thus instead of stowing the animals on a shelf, the My Pillow Pets flatten into a nice, fluffy pillow.

Before the retail boom of My Pillow Pets, the company produced them strictly for the needs of their company, as yet unaware that there would be a major demand for My Pillow Pets.  They were quickly approached retailers who wanted to sell the product for themselves.  The original line of six different My Pillow Pets has swelled to twenty.  Additionally, My Pillow Pets make appearances at over 200 trade shows each year.  To top it off, they can be found at 1500 retailers nationwide and abroad.

In proof that their demand isn’t dwindling, the number of retailers is predicted to double in the next year.  In addition to their product line of pillows, My pillow pets has also branched out to produce blankets and backpacks, neck pillows, and slippers all with the similar animal themes as their original My Pillow Pets.  The original My Pillow Pets come in two animal sizes, folding out into either an 18-inch or 11-inch pillow.  My Pillow Pets prides itself on manufacturing with the highest quality materials and safety testing to make sure their pillows are retail ready.

My Pillow Pets is also a promoter of school fund raising and they have two different setups to choose from.  Their standard program provides promotional tools such as fliers and information, allows the school fundraiser to take orders over a specified length of time and delivers the ordered My Pillow Pets right to the school.  Their second fund raising program ships My Pillow Pets to be shipped directly to the school to be sold at special events such as book fairs.

In as much as My Pillow Pets is a retail phenomenon, My Pillow Pets also has the heart to give back.  They have an ongoing involvement with a charity organization called the Family Reach Foundation.  Their team goal is simple.  They wish to have a My Pillow Pet pillow ready in the hospital rooms for every child fighting cancer.  From its humble beginning as a line of six pillows to a large retail base and charity work, the history of My Pillow Pets is likely to be a precursor of greater success to come.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of pillow pet. It is cute and attracting kids to sleep most of the time.
    Pillow Pet

    ReplyDelete